Friday, April 15, 2011

Too Young To Work

In all the job applications I've been doing in a dedicated attempt to get a real job, there have been many questions that are posed about the last 10 years.

Where have you lived for the last 10 years?

I actually had to go look up several of the addresses the first time (and save them for future reference), as there are 8 of them and my brain is a little dumbified from all the pregnancy/nursing/motherhood depletion of functioning neurons.

Have you had any traffic violations in the last 10 years?

Dude, I was 15 with a learners permit 10 years ago. So, yes. My two (on record) vehicle operating oopsies during the high school years are still giving me grief. So much for feeling all grown up.

Have you used any illegal drugs in the last 10 years?

Well, I haven't used any at all, but if I had I'm pretty sure it would have been during those stupid teenage ones, which would still fall into the last 10 years time line. So lookie there, one thing I did good in preparing for my future!

But those aren't even the worst of the questions.

The most dreaded one of all:

What's the longest you've held a full time position? 

The longest I have worked a full time job in my life has been 9 months (during which I was pregnant the entire time), which means I get to check the "Less than a year" box.

Got a little busy moving all over the country and having babies and all.

But I still don't think that looks overly good on the job application forms.

*sigh*

It's hard only being 25 and needing to live the life of a grown up.


1 comment:

  1. Yikes. Applications stink. I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete