Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Are We There Yet?

Kristina has her very own special version of the dreaded "are we there yet?" question, which she likes to ask incessantly from time to time and which nearly always results in me banging my head against the steering wheel. 

"Are we down from the mountains?"
"Not yet." 

"Are we down from the mountains?"
"No sweetheart."

"Are we down from the mountains?"
"Look out your window, do you still see mountains?"
"Ummm..."

"Are we down from the mountains?"
"I don't know, are we?!"

"Are we down from the mountains?"
"What did I just tell you?"
"I don't know."

"Are we down from the mountains?"
"NO."

"Are we down from the mountains?"
"Child dearest, please use your little eyes and your little brain with whatever little sense it has in it and look out your little window."

"Are we down from the mountains?"
"Look kid, if this is the view you see, then NO, we are NOT down from the mountains, mmkay? And for the love of my sanity, please stop asking me every two minutes before I loose what little is left of my mind!"

Colo. HWY 72 between Wondervu and Pinecliff

2 comments:

  1. Patience. Its something I'm definitely going to have to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Post more pics of where you live, please. I lived in Idaho Springs for a while and left my heart there. I miss that area especially as we will hit 100 here in AZ today.

    Also love the new look and name. (How could I not! We named our baby after a star trek character.)

    ReplyDelete