Saturday, September 3, 2011

Patiently Impatient

The dear and wonderful cousin LauraJean is presently sitting at 39 weeks and 1 day of her second pregnancy.

And I have been having great trouble being patient about the whole affair.

Now, part of this is a result of not knowing the baby's gender prior to the birth (something I never could have personally managed to do) and my great pondering as to whether I can start sending off awesome things like the sweet and adorable Sisters book that Kristina and Adrianna like so much, or whether I'll have to content myself with digging up big sister/baby brother shirts (since all children really should be properly labeled).

And the other parts.... well, those are just me being impatient.

The only thing that kept me from being horribly impatient about Kristina's arrival was the need to get through out wedding first (contractions started on our little sugarmoon, so she came right on schedule for me), and I started eating pineapple in large quantities at 36 weeks with Adrianna after I happened to read it can induce labor.

Oh, and both my girls showed up just past 38 weeks, so I'm really not sure whether I even could have made it past the 40 mark without going a little crazy.

Yep, I am not a patient person when it comes to pregnancy, undoubtedly for fairly obvious reasons for anyone who has ever been pregnant.

But I am surprised by how I'm still so impatient when it comes to others being pregnant. After all, LauraJean is in another country from me, it's not like her giving birth (or not) impacts my (non-existent) holiday weekend plans in the slightest. And she's already announced her US "showing off the baby" tour coming in the fall, irregardless of whether they're 12 weeks or merely 11 come Thanksgiving.

And yet, impatient I am.... So much so, in fact, that LauraJean directly ASKED ME why I was being so impatient about her pregnancy.

*ahem*

Sorry LauraJean. My bad. I shall now sit her contentedly and patiently await the arrival of your little bundle whenever they so chose to enter the world, as I'm sure you are managing it with far my grace and poise than I have been.

Also, much love! 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Marty! :) We're still waiting, still patiently, although as we've gotten more things crossed off the pre-baby to-do list, maybe we're getting a little less patient.

    ReplyDelete