Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Pen is Mightier than the Baby

Sorry for the posting gap, I spent the last 48 hours attempting to upload this video and only just now succeeded. Bad internet!

The other day Adrianna discovered a pen.

I am still not sure where, exactly, she found it. It could have fallen unnoticed onto the floor, or been left someplace truly atrocious, such as close enough to the edge of the kitchen counter for her ever lengthening arms to snag.

But irregardless, a pen she had, and write she did.

And this brings us to a moment where I become conflicted as to whether to be disappointed in her sneaky pen apprehension, appalled at my lackadaisical parenting for watching her destruction without stopping it, or immensely proud of her choice of coloring medium, for she did NOT start scribbling on the floor or even on herself, but rather climbed up onto a chair and perched up on the kitchen table while making some excellent commentary to the daily newspaper.
And then she spontaneously fell off the chair.

video

(Don't worry, she was fine, and I was even a good mommy and put down the camera to go pick her up right away.)


Yep, that's my girl.

Apparently I had quite the reputation for spontaneously falling off of chairs when I was younger, although my parents are getting a bit up there in years, so I'm rather hoping I may soon be able to pass off such stories as fables from an Alzheimer's mind. Also, the stories about my feet getting stuck in the dinning room table would be excellent "fading mental capacity/crazy old people" fodder as well. You know, just in case you get to chose which memories go first.

2 comments:

  1. Robin is my artist. Thankfully, he usually tells us before he starts decorating the walls and furniture. Usually. But I wanted a green blob on my Lay Z Boy. Really, I did. Chair falling, though, is not his area of expertise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I used to tell myself how awesome the yellow crayon on the guest room wall was all the time. And now we live in a different house.

    ReplyDelete