Sunday, October 16, 2011

Colorado Fall

Remember in my post about the pretty leaves I mentioned it snowed the following weekend?

Yeah, I wasn't kidding...

Nederland, Colorado October 8th 2011

The children, however, were much more excited by it than I was, and spent the entire (freezingly cold) morning demanding to go out to play in it. 



However, there had been one other delay in getting them out to play in the snow. Although I had overnighted snow boots to arrive the day before once a real dumping was in the forecast, I had not gotten around to getting them hats and mittens yet. 

So a quick trip to the mall was in order for the morning, so the afternoon could include the first snowplay of the season.

And the verdict of snow this year??



Pretty awesome.

(It helped that it melted the next day, and the nice warm play outside days have returned, a common occurrence refereed to by locals as Indian Summer.)

1 comment:

  1. The only thing that would have made it better is a pumpkin hat.

    ReplyDelete