Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Dented Correction and other Target Tandems

Remember a few weeks back how I talked about how Target is now giving dented cans to the Boulder food bank?

Well, I was totally wrong.

Target does NOT give dented cans to the Boulder food bank, because the denting of the can release a bacteria and giving potentially contaminated food to hungry people just isn't a reasonable option.


(They have to scrounge it out of the dumpster for themselves.)


So.

No more intentionally denting cans under the guise of giving to charity.

(Rip labels instead.)

Also, blog updates may be intermittent for the next couple of weeks. I'm trying to get some things put together and scheduled to go up, but I'm also working opening shifts for the next 8 or 9 days in a row, so I may just not have much time/energy/personal motivation to do much blogging.


Sorry.


It's really hard to force creativity when you're tired.


Oh, but I'm going to be IN CHARGE of instocks for most of that stretch as well, due to my Team Leader (aka direct boss) being on vacation.


So we'll see how it goes.


His briefing yesterday over how he was leaving me in charge and how I wasn't to fuck anything up was to keep the team running awesomely was very reassuring of how confident he is in my ability to handle this.


I mean, what could possibly go wrong? 


*Cue manic laughter*


Yeah, I'll be sure to tell you all the things that can (and did) possibly go wrong next week. It should make for some great blogging material and not the lose of my job. 


I hope.

2 comments:

  1. whoo hoo! look at you all getting responsible at work & stuff! ; ) the dented can bacteria thing sounds kinda fishy to me... i'll have to snopes it. *laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as the dents aren't along the rim, the can can be sent to the food bank. BUT if the rim is dented then you get all the dented coconut water you can hold. (this didn't happen the week before I got laid off at all, really) =p

    BTW, they are scared of botulism contamination, but that mainly happens in home canning.

    ReplyDelete