Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Scan ALL the Outs!!


I made this for my Team Lead (that would be my lowest level of direct boss for those who haven't been reading past blog posts in great detail), and although it really is pretty awesome just how it is, it's even MORE awesome if you get the memes at play.

(Yes, meme is now considered a real word. Don't give me that look, I didn't perpetuate the internet.)

Now first up, I really should disclose that the only amount of the above pictured artwork I did is the part written in red. The rest of it was done by the incredibly hilarious Allie over at Hyperbole and a Half. And the specific picture is from my second favorite post of hers of all time, This is why I'll never be an adult. You should go read it if you haven't before, it's just pure excellence.

(Oh, and go read The god of cake as well, as it is my favoratest post of hers.)

Also, it makes the picture make slightly more sense, as you'll be expanding your internet cultural icon understanding as to where the "ALL THE THINGS" meme comics came from. See usage examples here, here, and here

So even if my Team Lead doesn't know all the cultural back references (although really, what IS he doing in his free time??), I'm still hoping he'll see the adorableness of how I approach my scanning of outs, since this image it totally how I see myself each morning.

Well, at least on the mornings when I've eaten enough pre-work cookies to have reached the proper levels of sugar-spiked wakefulness to be in any state beyond semi-comatose zombie stagger.

4 comments:

  1. Holy wow. That God of Cakes post was the best thing I have ever read in my life. Also, yes. Scan all the things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you hadn't read that before? What *have* you been doing on the internet?? But yeah, fully agree with it being the best. thing. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously feeling the adult post right now. *laugh* i need a professional adult in my life. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the need to nitpick: the word "meme" has been around since 1976, and was coined in a book. (In fact, it was coined in the first book I read about evolution, eventually leading me away from fundamentalism.)

    ReplyDelete