Monday, November 28, 2011

Name: ACCOMPLISHED

I have been working with Kristina on writing her letters pretty much since she started scribbling on papers.

I had the goal that she would be able to write her name before she went to Kindergarten, which although certainly not an unreasonable academic prospect, was not something that looked overly promising for a long time.

Kristina is a very bright child, but she likes to do things her way, is resistant to instruction, and fine drawing skills are not her preferred method of artistic expressions.

(I can always pick out her pictures at school, because she's the child that paints pumpkins by smearing the paint ALL OVER the entire sheet of paper.)

To add difficulty, her name is not the easiest as it is a touch on the long side and with lots of letters to keep in order.

But she did it!

There was another sheet of paper which I printed her name out on that she was looking at, and I did help her keep her place on which letter she was doing.

But she did it!!

And I am immensely proud of me her for it.
November 19th 2011

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! That's awesome.

    Her hair, by the way, is unbelievably fabulous.

    ReplyDelete