Saturday, November 5, 2011

Tis the Season

The morning after Halloween the Christmas music display went up in the seasonal section of Target.

There had been Christmas lights up on the back wall since the back to school stuff was cleared out, and the last two weeks of October were spent constantly condensing the Halloween section into less space and resetting the newly vacated aisles with all thing red and green and Santa.

But the music display really caught my eye. Or rather, my ear, that morning as I started seriously rocking out to this particular gem while completing my morning scanning.
Now the song is certainly an infuriating mix of catchy and classic all on it's own, but I know it even better because it is in the middle of a commercial break in a recorded-off-of-tv copy of Toy Story the girls regularly watch from LAST holiday season.

Which means we've been watching Phineas and Ferb sing We Wish You a Merry Christmas every time we've watched Toy Story for the last 11 months.

Which means the fact that my reaction to hearing it in Target is to start dancing and not to cover my ears and sob on the floor is probably a good indication of me having lost my grip on sanity a loooong time ago.

And just in case any of you are equally crazy and of the group of people who have been annoyed at our lack of fake Christmas trees for the last month, they're totally up in Target now, which is having the slight effect of making the seasonal corner feel like you're inside a low budget enchanted forest themed Christmas special.

We ALSO have nearly one entire aisle of Hanukkah stuff up as well.

Because we'll happily embrace any excuse to blatantly commercialize any and all holidays.

Yay cultural diversity!!

1 comment: