Saturday, January 21, 2012

Making House

Since the arrival of the infamous storage pods of furniture, things have been a bit cluttered around the basement.

However, last week I had a bought of amazing evening energy, and actually managed to get the main downstairs living space rearranged how I'd been wanting it.

I essentially swapped where the girls' toy area had been with the couch/tv space, to give them a larger space to play and to allow for the brief hope of creating a space for me that wouldn't constantly have them *right there* in it.

And now I just need to figure out what to do with the pile of toys I essentially just moved from one side of the room to the other....

But lookie how pretty and adulty I made the alcove!

I might even follow through with my intentions to "decorate" it. Eventually.... I don't want to seem too capable and efficient here or anything like that.




4 comments:

  1. Impressive!! Cleaning always feels so good - I don't know why I refuse to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, it's all about getting started. Or rather, my semi-chronic inability to do so. Once I get into the motion of cleaning, I usually end up doing insane quantities of it!

      Delete