Sunday, February 12, 2012

Strength

Strength comes in many forms.

And it's something I have a lot of.

I like to think I'm physically strong for a young woman, but there are other measures of strength that are much more important.

How strong am I under stress? How strong am I when faced with adversity? How strong am I when life comes crashing down?

How strong are you?

Occasionally, thinking through my brief life so far, I have a moment of awe of myself, of these things that I have done without giving a second thought that somehow sound much more impressive in retrospect.

But at the time they were merely my coping with life.

It turns out I can be very, very strong when the situation requires it. Strong for myself, strong for my children, and strong for doing what needs to be done.

And I see that inner strength in my children. That inner resolve, that inner determination, that inner passion. They are strong little girls, who I sincerely hope grow into strong adults and have the understanding of just what an amazing aspect of character that really is.

However, it is a good thing that I too am strong as their parent, for otherwise these children would almost undoubtedly be my undoing.

So don't forget to find your own strength, you own inner resolve, and to look the challenges of life in the eye and stand.

Stand strong for yourself.

It's all anyone can really do in this world when all is said and done, so do it well.



Rascal Flatts, Stand

1 comment:

  1. Motherhood makes you stronger than you could have ever imagined.

    ReplyDelete