Tuesday, March 6, 2012

7 Seconds to Prove why Ponies are Awesome

I have *really* been digging the newest My Little Pony show (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magical) recently. I only started watching it a month or so back, when my father decided to upgrade my basement cable to include a recordable DVR system (thank you Daddy!!) and I subsequently realized that we already got the hub network (channel which the show is on (and yes, I knew what cable network had the show without ever watching it)) and decided to record a few episodes for the girls. 

Ok ok, it was partially for me too.....

FINE! Like, 75% for me, 25% for them.

But see, I totally become awesome Mommy when we watch it because instead of playing on my computer for the brief time I don't have to spend fetching them snacks and drinks and toys while they watch tv, I sit down on the couch and actually WATCH it snuggled up between them.

Once upon a time in my early parenting career I actually tried to always watch tv with Kristina so I wouldn't be using it as a horrible child-neglecting device.

And then I learned two things:

1) I will never ever get ANYTHING done in the house (including the true basics like getting myself dressed and brushing my teeth) without the occasional spot of television.

2) Most children's television is nearly as bad as watching Rebuplican primary debates as far as how much it makes me want to cause a self inflicted sippy cup injury just so I have an excuse to get up and leave the room.

(Incidentally, that is why I like to put on movies more than shows, because Shrek and Toy Story are 10,000 times better than anything that teaches the alphabet non-stop even after watching them 10,000 times.)

And poor Adrianna, as the second child I avoid watching shows with her like the plague....

But the newest My Little Pony awesomeness is greatly enjoyed by all in our little pony loving family, and I have the perfect 7 second clip to show you why.



Pinkie Pie: I'm not giving him cake, I'm assaulting him with cake! 

Yep. Awesome show. Awesome family time. Awesome ponies. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun family time to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dynamic Duo have graduated from baby shows (how they describe the PBS cartoons that I want them to watch) but aren't big enough yet for the shooting shows (Transformers, GI Joe, Star Wars) that they want to watch. So we are limping along on a diet of Scooby Doo and Johnny Test.

    ReplyDelete