Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pancakeology

Some of you may remember me mentioning my inability to consistently make edible good pancakes.

Dearest cousin Heather, however, caught my mention of fixing pancakes in a blog post a few weeks back and extrapolated how I have since improved my cooking of them and congratulated me on this accomplishment (because she is super awesome like that).

There are three parts to my amazing pancake success.

First, I stopped doing this every single time, as it makes it nearly impossible to flip them, and simply accepted the need to make multiple batches of smaller pancakes.


Second, I watched my mother make pancakes. Repeatedly. And figured out a few things about what consistency the batter should *actually* be and how to get it there the amazing powers of observation.

Third, I kept making them. A lot. And eventually, even got better at it.

So there you have it, my mastery of instant pancake mix. As "ability to reliable make awesomely delicious pancakes" was most definitely one of my life goals, I feel very accomplished by all of this.

Feel free to start cheering and/or applauding at any time.

1 comment:

  1. The Dynamic Duo inherited my love of pancakes. I remember making them on my own when I was in second grade (sidenote: why would my parents allow me to cook on my own when I was 7?). It's hit and miss in the beginning, but you'll get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete