Thursday, June 14, 2012

Why Potty Training Sucks: Example 2

It's been what, at least a week since my last Adrianna-pooping-in-a-horrible-fashion story?

My goodness, where does the time go!

This afternoon Adrianna asked to go pee-pee on the potty. I went along with it (of course... because I want to continue this behavior to the point of it being the norm and diapers becoming a distant quaint memory), and smiled encouragingly at her three microdrop tinkles.

But then she wouldn't put her pants back on, diapered or not.

And then she took off her shirt.

And ran around the house completely naked.

And then put on a pair of my high heels and her winter jacket and asked to go outside to play.

(For some extremely strange reason, I said no to that one.)

After a bit of clomping around with her still very bare bottom hanging out, she decided to take off the coat and shoes and set about just changing Barbie's shoes.

As she was sitting down quietly and nicely playing with her toys in a very appropriate fashion, I may have sort of forgotten about her a teensy bit.

Not like the forgetting your child is still there at all sort, but the forgetting that your child is still completely naked and not yet overly house broken toilet trained sort of forgetting.

Puppies do not come house broken. Neither do babies.
Plus I was rather busy taking a very important pony personality quiz. Can you believe they said I was Applejack? I am SO Fluttershy, thankyouverymuch.

But moving right along....

2/3rds of the way through the quiz, Adrianna jumped up and started exclaiming "pee-pees potty pee-pees potty!"

"Yes yes, lets go!" was my immediate response as I left my incomplete pony personality quiz and rushed right over to her.

To discover that it was a little late for the potty thing, as there was a nice tell-tale smear of feces on her leg already.

But I still rushed her into the bathroom, plopped her down on the toilet, and told her not to get up until I came back.

And then I set about finding the dreaded poo-pile.

It took me a few moments to locate the delightful little present, but sure enough, there it was behind the toy kitchen.

And next to the dress up clothes.

And over by the Barbies too.

Dammit child, did you toddle around playing and pooping as you went?! I thought you were a little better trained than that!

Also, THANK GOD MY PARENTS' HAVE TILE FLOORS.

Now my only fear is that I missed a spot, which will be discovered in an even grosser than fresh-and-steamy state and undoubtedly in a very undesirable-for-discovery manner (most likely I will end up unintentionally sitting in it in my khaki work slacks, Murphy's real sweet to me like that).


4 comments:

  1. I'm Pinkie Pie -- this is good, right?!

    I don't want to repulse you or anything, but I can not wrap my mind around the body mechanics of defecating WHILE walking. I must not have enough fiber in my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. That's pretty...uh...wow,

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh.my.goodness. you are awesome for sharing this! and also... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I've been there. It sucks. And for me, it was on the carpet.

    ReplyDelete