Monday, October 22, 2012

Like Mother, Like Daughter: Earrings

Some of my more dedicated readers may remember my post last year about Kristina getting her ears pierced.

Which ended up being a ear being pierced.

Which ended up being taken out as soon as we were home, and therefore her left ear is very much without earring hole now.

I was slightly disappointed in all of this, and not only because of the huge fit at the mall. You see, I had a bit of a thing for earrings in my early elementary school years, and getting my ears pierced was just HUGE for me. And I wanted to share that with my little girl.

However, I do have a second little girl, who appears to be making eyes at the big fancy earrings every bit as much as I did judging by her re-purposing of happy meal keychains.

Yep, Adrianna just needs to get big enough to actually ask to go get her ears pierced, and then I can live out my little-girl-in-earrings dreams through her...

3 comments:

  1. I got my ears pierced at 4. She might be ready sooner! She is an adventurous little chap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in Nicaragua (and in other countries and some parts of U.S. culture as well), the norm is to pierce baby girls' ears. This means that in many contexts, a baby without little earrings is assumed to be a boy... (sorry, Maya! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those earrings. You should open an etsy shop and sell them!

    ReplyDelete