Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Life is Like a Box of Chocolates

I think I'm going to spend the next three days locked in my room with heart shaped boxes of chocolate and whiskey reading my favorite romance novel, The Shining.

But Marty, you say, isn't The Shining the one where he gets manipulated by ghosts and tries to kill his wife and son? 

And to that I say, yes, yes it is, for that is how I like my romance reading, batshit crazy AND homicidal. 

While buying my heart shaped boxes of chocolates today, I also considered getting myself some flowers as well, but that seemed like a bit much.

After all, I don't want to set my expectations to high here, otherwise I'll just disappoint  myself next year if I forget that I need both roses and chocolates. 

Oh, and I almost forgot, nothing says Valentine's Day like vintage insulting cards, so I should totally send myself one of those too. Just because they're awesome in that delightfully demented way......

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Hate mail Valentines really rock
And here is one just for you 

Ok, that was kinda a shitty poem and I didn't even bother with a picture.

But remember, I have to keep my expectations of me low, otherwise I'll constantly be trying to live up to some commercialized ideal that would require real work and personal effort, and I just don't know how much of that I can give myself right now. 

Now where did those truffles go......

1 comment:

  1. I have a deep and irrational hatred of puns so Valentine's Day is hell for me. Stupid cards. I'd rather have chocolate and nightmare-inducing horror books.

    ReplyDelete