Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Making It Worse

One of my absolute favorite parts of my current position at Target is the part where I get to make a huge mess out the store.

Mind you, I also have to clean it all up, but there is something ridiculously liberating in the act of throwing everything from an entire aisle into a huge pile in the middle of the floor as fast as you can.

However, there is definitely a moment before it starts to get pulled back together where everything just looks completly trashed. Which is ok, a necessary accepted evil of the 'fixing' trade so to speak.

Today I did that to my bedroom.

I pulled everything out of my closet and went through (and got rid of) most of it.

I went through the piles of stuff that had been left in front of the closet because I wanted to put them into the closet but couldn't because of the other stuff that was in there, and then packed up moderate amounts back into the closet.

But somewhere along the way I somehow made everything into something much worse.

Much, much worse.

And in the "now there's so much shit piled on my bed I can't even think of going to sleep tonight until I clean it all up" sort of way.

This is not a good place to be in.

And I'm still completely boggled and how I cleared out and packed up so much stuff to have ended up with way MORE just hanging out in my room.

Clearly my grasp on physics is worse than we thought.

Now if you'll excuse, my creative writing exercises must be postponed until such a time as I can find my beloved pillow when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment