Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Adrianna's 4th Birthday Party

Adrianna turned 4 a few weeks ago (ok ok, it's a little late, I know, but hey, at least it's still January, I totally call that good enough), and needed a 4th birthday party.

Which happens to also be the first birthday party she's ever had. Because I'm a terrible parent  she doesn't even like people  it's too close to Christmas  she never asked for one sometimes life just happens that way.

So I really wanted it to be special for her (you know, in case it's the only one she has before she's a teenager). Or at least something she'd enjoy. Did I mention she's actually not a big fan of hanging out with other people, 'friends' or otherwise? And how it's January, and cold, and hard to find birthday party events that are not bank-breaking expensive and/or excessively noisy??

Thank god for google.

After much searching and browsing I eventually came across the Clementine Art Studio here in Boulder. You know who likes art projects a whole lot? Miss Adrianna. And the studio would only have the people we invited in it, vs. places like the children's museum which have the usual Saturday assortment of visitors on top of the party guests all running rampant through the place like the little hooligans 4 and 5 year olds are by nature.

Yep, this was a possibility.

And in a valiant show of not-sucking-at-this-parenting-thing, I happened to be doing the whole "plan kid's birthday party" endeavor in the beginning of December, a whole month before we needed to make stuff happen (and before making stuff happen got caught up in Christmas mayhem), so I was even able to reserve the day and time I wanted and not pay late fees.

I was so proud of myself.

The party place was booked. The necessary My Little Pony decorative paper products were ordered. A cake was selected. Adrianna Birthday Party was a-go.














And the birthday girl even seemed to enjoy herself at it!


1 comment:

  1. I love it! That's similar to the business that I'm buying - hopefully next week!

    ReplyDelete